- Sunday | May 31, 2020
Dear CMF Family,
We are finding ourselves in unchartered territory, unsure of what is coming. Thank God that he is bigger than all of this and none of today’s circumstances are a surprise to Him! We will together navigate through the uncertainties, trusting God to see us through.
So, what does “doing Church” look like for now? In order to abide by the new constraints before us, CMF’s doors will be closed through May.
As a staff, we’ve discussed the mandated “social distancing” encouraged by the media. We talked about how we as a church can respond, with phrases like “Spiritual Devotion in the midst of Social Distancing” or “Drawing Near to God at a time of Social Uncertainty” or “Social Distancing creates opportunity for Spiritual Reconnecting.” You get the idea. Community. Spirituality. Nearness. Connectivity. Fellowship. It’s CMF at its core.
Let’s address the question, “What does ‘Community’ look like now that we can’t gather for worship together on Sunday morning? How can we fill that void?” Let’s think outside the box—
- We will be “Doing Church” on-line every Sunday until the quarantine is lifted. Thank you so much, Pastor Tim and the Worship Ministry Team for working hard to make this happen! Tune in! We have a vision of folks gathering together in homes to watch the Sunday service online in the living room. (Of course, 10 folks or fewer). We can still worship together and receive Pastor Tim’s message while caring for one another, just in a smaller group setting. See the links below to the online service and to online giving. If giving online is not an option, you can mail your offering to 2985 Broadway Rd, Milton, 17847 or stop by to drop it off. Our office is open M-F, 8:30-3:00.
- To attend online church this Sunday: https://communitymf.online.church/
- The Church Website: look here for updates on our ministries and developments: https://www.cmfmilton.org/
- Online Giving: Please be aware that expenses will continue while attendance may be down: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BXUJLWKKPUR4U
- Community Mennonite Fellowship Facebook: Connect with your friends here: https://www.facebook.com/cmfmilton
- Small Groups are encouraged to continue to meet, while respecting personal choices and meeting in groups of 10 or less, as currently set by state of PA.
- CMF’s Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry are alive and well! Our Youth will continue to connect in more creative ways and the Children have been sent several fun activities through the mail.
- Engage as you become aware of the needs around you. Pray intently, specifically, continuously. Share the need with the church office. Or notify Pastoral Care if you become aware of a hardship. The church has resources available to help with unmet financial needs. And when God brings someone to mind, give them a call, shoot a text, or send a card via snail mail! This is how we can nurture one another, lifting each other up.
- Feed yourself, feed others. If you haven’t already, check out RightNow Media. CMF subscribes to this on-line resource that literally has videos for everyone in your family on almost any topic. If not already subscribed, we invite you to go to the attached link for free access: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/account/invite/cmfmilton.
- Look at this as an opportunity to serve in a different way. Yes, a lot of our “events” have been postponed, but there are ways to continue our outreach as The Church.
By being intentional, we can be assured that God will honor our efforts, see our hearts and grow our faith. Let us not give up trying, so people seeking people find Jesus.
Your CMF Staff,
Pastor Tim, Jim, Amy, Tammy & Jane