- Monday | July 13, 2020
Dear CMF Family,
Pretty typical Pennsylvania summer weather, but WHEW! It is a bit uncomfortable for many of us. We are reminded of scripture that speaks of “refreshment.” For instance, Paul writes from prison—
“Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.” Philemon 1:7
While seeking physical comfort and refreshment, may we desire even more the refreshment we can offer those in our lives – true refreshment of the heart, through acts of kindness.
Lots going on at CMF this week!
- This Sunday, July 12, following worship, the congregation will have an opportunity to meet JoAnne Geiger, candidate for Director of Congregational Ministries. This informal interview will be live-streamed for folks at home as well. JoAnne’s bio and questions from her May 30 interview are once again attached for review. You can view Sunday’s live-stream service and interview at https://streamingchurch.tv/stream10138.
Ministry is happening and prayers are appreciated—
- Our friends, Ray & Martha Zimmerman, Phil Gerhet, Jeff & Shelly Feerrar, Matthew & friends, Merrill Swartz, Leigh Hackenburg, Jeff, Steph, Ben & Jeremy Wiley and Paul & Becky Saber, are busy preparing to work the week of July 17-24 in West Virginia, building a house alongside Heart and Hand Ministries. If you can provide some food donations for the approx. 20 volunteers, please sign up at the Welcome Desk!
- Saturday, August 8, will be a day you won’t want to miss! CMF’S Family Fun Fest 2020 will be held outdoors from 6:30-9:00 PM. Plan to come enjoy!
- C4 Senior High Ministry is looking ahead to a Community Service Day on Monday and some primitive camping later in the week (no creature comforts!!).
- Bees, Cows, Fish. What do they all have in common? Miss Amy is busy planning a few upcoming ConNect classes for kids. Stay tuned! Children’s Ministry (and all CMF ministry) is continually re-evaluating to improve on the safety of all those we service, especially the most vulnerable among us. Though times are changing faster than we can keep up with, we lift our eyes to our God who remains the same now and forever.
- Prayers too, for our sisters in Izopo, Honduras, where the ministry, Threads For Honduras, serves. The team will be unable to travel to Honduras this year due to the virus. However, the women of Izopo are still able to receive supplies to continue their sewing projects and support is still available for the students to continue their online schooling. Pray for our sweet sisters on the Mountain.
- For your reading enjoyment, we have attached a copy of July-Sept 2020 Shalom News. An electronic copy of the magazine will be available each quarter. Find a hammock, poolside, or comfy spot in the A/C. Be refreshed –
“..he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.” Psalm 23:2-3
Your CMF Staff,
Pastor Tim, Jim, Amy, Tammy & Jane